Glide Free Foiling Laser wins major international award, Yachts & Yachting, 2014 'Dinghy of the Year' !!
For the latest news: Follow us on facebook
Glide Free Design announces RS Aero foiling kit now available April 2017
* New video from The Foiling Week 2015
* Mad Loop in New Zealand provides foiling training - new video
* Sail Laser now offers foiling courses in Lasers on lake Garda!
* Glide Free Foils nominated for the METS DAME Award 2014.
* Glide Free Design WINS!! category - NSW Exporter of the year award 2014
* Glide Free Foiling in Italy - Sail World Article
* Glide Free Design Finalist! NSW Exporter of the year awards 2014
* Dinghy foiling takes off around the world - Sail World article
* Glide Free Design enters METS DAME awards 2014
* Foiling takes off in the UK - article
* Glide Free Foils win Yachts and Yachting, 2014 'Dinghy of the Year"
Glide Free Design is pleased to announce that the prestigious international "Yachts & Yachting" magazine has recently awarded "Dinghy of the Year" for 2014 to Glide Free Foils for the Laser sailing dinghy.
Foiling has taken yet another step closer to mainstream sailing with the launch of a unique foiling kit for the world's most popular Laser sailing dinghy.
Foiling enables a boat’s hull to rise clear of the water with only the foils making contact with the water. Foiling at high speed enables apparent wind sailing which allows boats to travel at speeds in excess of the wind speed.
The Glide Free kit contains everything needed to go foiling on your current Laser dinghy, as well as a custom kit bag. They are easy to fit and remove; no modifications are needed to your existing boat. The foils have automatic control with no need to tweak settings on the water and you can launch in knee deep water.
Glide Free foiling kit is the result of six years development by two
local Sydney sailors Ian Ward and Peter Stephinson. The process began
when Peter challenged Ian to retrofit his foils to Michael Blackburn's
Laser from the Sydney 2000 Olympics.
It is exciting times for Glide Free with enquiries coming from sailors all over the world wanting to be the first to try foiling on a Laser and see who can go the fastest. The Glide Free Foils will be available for shipping within Australia, mid January 2014 and available internationally, mid March 2014.
Ian is a well known Moth sailor, pioneering the first centreline foils used on Moth sailing boats in 1999. Peter was recognised in 2004 as one of Australia’s top 100 inventors.
To find out more about this exciting new development and express your interest in learning more about foils go to the website, www.glidefree.com.au
Glide Free Design